Where to watch West Indies vs New Zealand Women’s Series?

West Indies are set to host New Zealand for the first time in 8 years for as many as 8 white-ball games starting tomorrow. The last time both sides had a clash in a bilateral series was way back in 2014 which had the visitors lose the ODI series 4-0 and then bounced back to clinch the T20I series 2-1 winning the final game in a super over.

Where to watch West Indies vs New Zealand Women's Series? PC: Getty Images
Where to watch West Indies vs New Zealand Women’s Series? PC: Getty Images

West Indies and New Zealand are set to play 3 ODI and 5 T20I games from the 16th of September to the 6th of October in Antigua. All the games on the schedule are to be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua.

This will be West Indies’ first series in any format since their defeat to eventual champions, Australia, in the semi-final of the Women’s Cricket World Cup early this year. Whereas, New Zealand come into this series on the back of a podium finish from the 2022 Commonwealth Games where the side clinched Bronze.

Past Performances

The two sides last clashed during the World Cup earlier this year in the curtain raiser. Hosts New Zealand put West Indies in to bat first and Hayley Matthews played an anchors role alongside Stafanie Taylor, Shemaine Campbelle and Chedean Nation in the middle order who had starts. Matthews finished on 119(128) which saw West Indies post 259 on board for the hosts to chase down.

Also Read:  Preview: 4th Match - Sydney Sixers Women v/s Brisbane Heat Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Report.

New Zealand in reply lost Suzie Bates early on 3 and Sophie Devine alongside, Amelia Kerr and Amy Satterthwaite managed to stitch partnerships but both departed after having some sort of starts. A middle-order collapse worsened New Zealand’s hold on the game and soon the wicket of Sophie Devine after her century on 108(127) had West Indies have their noses ahead. New Zealand had Katey Martin and Jess Kerr hang in with scores of 44 and 25 respectively, but requiring 6 of the last over, the duo couldn’t close the game out as Deandra Dottin dismissed both set batters and then assisted in a run-out to seal the win for West Indies in the contest by 3 runs.

Squads

New Zealand : Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Izzy Gaze, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies : Hayley Matthews (C), Stafanie Taylor, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Rashada Williams

Schedule – New Zealand Women’s tour of West Indies 2022

DATE GAME TIME (LOCAL) TIME (IST)
16-Sep-22 1st ODI 9:30 AM 7:00 PM
19-Sep-22 2nd ODI 9:30 AM 7:00 PM
22-Sep-22 3rd ODI 9:30 AM 7:00 PM
26-Sep-22 1st T20I 1:30 PM 11:00 PM
28-Sep-22 2ndT20I 1:30 PM 11:00 PM
01-Oct-22 3rd T20I 1:30 PM 11:00 PM
04-Oct-22 4th T20I 10:00 AM 7:30 PM
06-Oct-22 5th T20I 1:30 PM 11:00 PM
Also Read:  Shemaine Campbelle's Fifty help West Indies put 140 Runs against Bangladesh

Live streaming –

The series (New Zealand’s tour of West Indies) can be live streamed on the FanCode app and website in India.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here