Emma Lamb called as replacement for Maia Bouchier and Charlie Dean in England Squad

England Cricket announced that Maia Bouchier and Charlie Dean will not be a part of the English squad for their first T20I against New Zealand. It has been identified that both Dean and Bouchier probably came in contact with Covid-19 suspects due to which they will undergo further testing and miss the match.

Emma Lamb - Manchester Originals - The Women's Hundred 2021
Emma Lamb – Manchester Originals – The Women’s Hundred 2021

All-rounder Emma Lamb has been called up to the squad as a replacement who was a member of England’s 24-strong training group last summer. Lamb showcased an amazing performance for the Thunder in the Charlotte Edwards Cup against the Sunrisers in July. She was also a part of the Manchester Originals squad and played all seven matches at the Hundred’s inaugural edition this year.

Bouchier and Dean are expected to rejoin the English squad ahead of the second T20I at Hove. Taunton will host the last T20I on September 9. Following this, five ODIs will be played between the two teams. This series is a good opportunity for both teams as they ramp up their preparations for the World Cup next year in March.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Match 20: Mignon du Preez's Fifty guides Hobart Hurricanes to a 6 Wicket Victory over Melbourne Stars
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here