Nat Sciver-Brunt completes 2500 T20I runs, becomes 3rd English player to achieve this feat

English all-rounder Nat Sciver-Brunt surpassed 2500 runs in the T20I format during the fifth T20I against New Zealand, who were touring England for a limited-overs series. England whitewashed the White Ferns in both the three-match ODI series and the five-match T20I series.

Nat Sciver-Brunt completes 2500 T20I runs, becomes 3rd English player to achieve this feat

Going into the fifth T20I against New Zealand, Nat was three runs shy of 2500 runs. She completed this milestone in scoring 16 runs off 13 balls before being dismissed. Sciver reached this milestone in her 118th T20I innings, becoming the third youngest player to score over 2500 runs and take 50 wickets in women’s T20Is.

Nat made her T20I debut in 2013 during the home series against Pakistan, having already debuted in the ODI format against the same side earlier in the same series. Since then, she has been one of England’s leading all-rounders across formats and became the third English player and the tenth overall batter to achieve the milestone of more than 2500 runs. Her first T20I fifty for England came in the 2018 Women’s Tri-Series hosted by India, where she scored an unbeaten 68 off 43 balls, playing a crucial role in England’s victory over Australia while chasing 150.

The top-order batter also had an impressive outing in England’s 59-run victory in the first T20I, playing a cameo of 47 runs off 23 balls at number three. Recently, Nat became the number one all-rounder in the ODI format after a sensational performance in the third ODI against New Zealand, where she scored an unbeaten 76.

Nat Sciver has had an exceptional run for England over the past few months and was named ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year for 2023.

Also Read:  1st T20I: England vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

In 2019, she was awarded a full contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), the same year she completed 1000 T20I runs, achieving the milestone against Sri Lanka. Within four years, she added another 1000 runs to reach 2000 T20I runs, accomplished during the 2023 Women’s World Cup held in South Africa. It was during the match against Ireland that she reached this milestone, serving as vice-captain for England during that edition. Despite England’s inability to proceed to the finals, Sciver had an outstanding World Cup, being named in the ICC Team of the Tournament. She scored 216 runs in five matches, ranking second in the list of highest run-scorers.

Nat Sciver-Brunt has played 122 matches in the T20I format so far, scoring over 2500 runs with 13 fifties to her name.

Youngest to 2500 runs & 50 wickets in Women T20Is:

Stafanie Taylor -26y 273d
Deandra Dottin – 29y 95d
Nat Sciver-Brunt – 31y 332d
Sophie Devine – 32y 3d
Suzie Bates – 33y 10d

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here