Heather Knight completes 2000 T20I Runs

The English skipper, Heather Knight, has completed 2000 runs in the Women’s Twenty20 International (T20I) cricket. She reached this milestone after scoring eight runs in the second WT20I before being dismissed for 15 off 8 balls against New Zealand in the five-match T20I series, with England leading 2-0.

Heather also became the fourth English batter to cross 2000 WT20I runs. Currently, New Zealand are touring England for a limited-overs series, with the ODIs concluded with the hosts dominant 3-0 clean sweep. The right-handed batter achieved the milestone of edging past 2000 runs in her 105th innings of 117 matches she has played.

Heather made her WT20I debut in 2010, batting at number 9 in her first T20I innings. Since then, she has never looked back, going on to become England’s all-format skipper. She has scored over seven fifties and a century, with her only century in this format coming against Thailand in the 2020 Women’s T20 World Cup, where she slammed an unbeaten 108 off 66 balls. This innings made her the first woman cricketer to score centuries across formats; Tests, ODIs, and T20Is. It was the same match where the English skipper surpassed the 1000 T20I run mark.

In 2017, against Australia, Heather Knight scored her first-ever fifty in T20I cricket, with a knock of 51 off 37 balls. As a skipper, Heather Knight has led England to numerous T20 World Cups, finishing as semi-finalists in the 2018, 2020, and 2023 T20 World Cups, and leading them to World Cup glory in the 50-over format in the 2017 World Cup, which was hosted by England.

Also Read:  Where to watch the 1st T20I between England and New Zealand Women? Live Streaming Details

Knight has emerged from the shadow of Charlotte Edwards as a tremendous England captain, culminating in the glory of winning the World Cup. The middle-order batter will now aim for a T20 World Cup triumph under her leadership in the upcoming 2024 T20 World Cup, to be held in Bangladesh. Achieving 2000 T20I runs is a remarkable milestone in her career, and it is certain that she will continue to break records in the near future.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here