2nd T20I: Australia vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following hosts Australia’s convincing 5-wicket win in a chase of 144 in the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series opener against New Zealand, the visitors face a must-win in the 2nd T20I to stay alive in the series. The game gets underway at 2:40 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) on the 22nd of September 2024, at Great Barrier Reef Arena, Mackay.

2nd T20I: Australia vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Tahlia McGrath, Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Graham, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Tayla Vlaeminck

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Leigh Kasperek, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out:

Beth Mooney

The 30-year-old keeper-batter, from 93 T20I innings, has amassed 2842 runs at an average of 40.60 and a strike rate of 123.67. Her tally includes 23 fifties and two centuries, with the highest score being 117*. Beth capped off her 2024 The Hundred campaign with a 99*, following up her string of starts, and though she departed for 13 in this series opener, she can be relied upon to lead the scoring, finding her footing.

Georgia Wareham

The 25-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has picked up 56 wickets from 52 outings, including the best of 3/12, at an economy rate of 6.15, while also adding 203 runs to the tally from 17 innings at a strike rate of 149.26. Georgia didn’t have a very successful stint in The Hundred 2024; however, in the first game of this season, she chipped in with a 20-ball 26 and picked up a wicket. She can be counted on for delivering the goods.

Also Read:  Where to watch 2nd T20I - Australia v New Zealand? Live Streaming Details

Suzie Bates

The 37-year-old opening batter, at an average of 29.60, has racked up 4381 runs from 160 outings at a strike rate of 109.06, while from 88 innings, she has claimed 58 wickets, registering bests of 124* and 4/26. Putting behind her recent poor showings, Suzie scored a 27-ball 33 in the series opener, and it is hoped she capitalizes on this return to form by scoring big runs.

Leigh Kasperek

The 32-year-old off-spinner, averaging 14.89 and maintaining an economy rate of 6.39, has secured 77 wickets from 51 T20I innings and registered the best of 4/7. Leigh returned to the T20I side mid this year, and her previous three T20Is bowling figures, including this series opener, read 1/11 (1), 0/25 (4), and 1/32 (3.4). She can also be handy with the bat and trusted for all-round efforts.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at Mackay provide a somewhat neutral playing field, as the conditions favor both batters and bowlers. Pacers, in particular, benefit from the conditions, and a score around the 160s can be deemed a par total on this wicket.

Weather:

The conditions are ideal for cricket at Great Barrier Reef Arena, with no expected rain interruptions and clear skies overhead. The temperature will hover in the mid-20s (°C), with moderate winds and a humidity level of 39%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Suzie Bates, Ellyse Perry, Melie Kerr, Sophie Devine, Phoebe Litchfield, Megan Schutt, Sophie Molineux, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham

Match details:

Date – September 22, 2024

Time – 2:40 PM IST

Also Read:  Phoebe Litchfield’s 64* powers Australia to a comprehensive victory against the New Zealand in the 1st T20I

Venue – Great Barrier Reef Arena, Mackay

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Hotstar and telecasted on the Star Sports Network.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Chile Women’s National Cricket Team Canada Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket