1st T20I: Australia vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Defending champions Australia will kick off their lead-up to the T20 World Cup going up against New Zealand in a 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series, with the opener slated to take place at Great Barrier Reef Arena in Mackay. The game gets underway at 2:40 PM Indian Standard Time (IST), on the 19th of September 2024.

1st T20I Australia vs New Zealand
1st T20I Australia vs New Zealand

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Tahlia McGrath, Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Tayla Vlaeminck

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Leigh Kasperek, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out:

Tahlia McGrath

The 28-year-old all-rounder has amassed 962 runs from 32 T20I outings, at an average of 43.72, with a strike rate of 134.35, and in 23 bowling innings, she has taken 17 wickets, with best figures of 3/13. Tahlia warmed up for the series featuring in an A series last month, registering successive scores of 47* and 51* in the T20 games, while not taking any wickets. She can be counted on for all-round efforts.

Annabel Sutherland

The 22-year-old all-rounder has taken 16 wickets from 28 T20I bowling innings, including the best of 3/28, while maintaining an economy rate of 6.91, and has also added 111 runs from 12 outings, striking at 138.75. Fresh off a successful 7-game stint in The Hundred, where she scored 212 runs at 137.66 and took 10 wickets at an economy rate of 4.53, it is hoped she replicates this success in international cricket.

Also Read:  Summary Match 22: KSL 2019 - Danielle Wyatt and Suzie Bates help Southern Vipers to tense three-run win over Yorkshire Diamonds

Sophie Devine

The 35-year-old all-rounder has amassed 3,268 runs from 131 T20I outings, at a strike rate of 121.89, while from 118 innings, she has claimed 117 wickets, with an economy rate of 6.54, and registered best figures of 105 and 4/22. Sophie has not been anywhere near her best of late, scoring only a fifty and going wicketless in her previous 10 outings, but it is hoped that the seasoned campaigner finds her form.

Melie Kerr

The 23-year-old all-rounder has accumulated 1,108 runs from 58 T20I innings, including the highest score of 70*, at a strike rate of 111.58, and from 74 bowling outings, she has taken 73 wickets, with best figures of 3/11, at an economy rate of 6.09. In her previous 10 T20I outings against England, she managed a couple of scores in the 40s, a fifty, and 7 wickets. She should be backed to capitalize on this form.

Pitch:

The center wicket at the Great Barrier Reef Arena is favorable for batting, resulting in a healthy average score of around 150 runs. As the match progresses, pacers can expect some assistance, while spinners can make meaningful contributions during the middle overs.

Weather:

The conditions are forecasted to be ideal for a complete game in Mackay, with a temperature of around 24°C and no chance of rain. There will be partly cloudy skies and light winds, with the humidity level forecasted at 72%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Suzie Bates, Tahlia McGrath, Phoebe Litchfield, Ellyse Perry, Sophie Devine, Melie Kerr, Ashleigh Gardner, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Also Read:  Australia opt for stability as New Zealand seeks a turnaround ahead of Women T20 World Cup 2024

Match details:

Date – September 19, 2024

Time – 2:40 PM IST

Venue – Great Barrier Reef Arena, Mackay

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Hotstar and telecasted on the Star Sports Network.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket