Nepal’s squad for 5 T20I Match series against Malaysia announced

The Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN) has announced the Nepal national women’s team’s upcoming tour to Malaysia. The 5-match bilateral series, scheduled for May and June, marks the team’s return to competitive cricket after nearly a year-long hiatus.

Nepal Women's Cricket Team
Nepal Women’s Cricket Team

Nepal’s most recent outing was in June 2022 at the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Women’s T20 Championship. In league games, they won 3 matches, lost to Hong Kong, and advanced to the Semi-Final which was eventually called off due to rain. Before the championship, Nepal won 2 matches against Uganda in a 5-match T20I series.

After participating in the 8th edition of the ACC Women’s Asia Cup Games in October, Malaysia played their next game in the Women’s Twenty20 Internationals (W-T20I) event at the 32nd edition of the SouthEast Asian Games in Phnom Penh. They finished their unbeaten run with a podium finish, winning the Bronze medal match.

While hosts Malaysia are yet to announce their squad for the 5-match T20I series, Nepal has already named their squad, with regular captain Rubina Chhetri set to lead the 18-player team. Notable additions to the squad are the inclusions of young players, Sony Pakhrin and Shristi Jaisi, along with a few other talents.

Nepal’s squad for the Malaysia series:

Rubina Chhetri, Sita Rana Magar, Indu Barma, Kabita Kunwar, Jyoti Pandey, Apsari Begam, Kabita Joshi, Ashmina Karmacharya, Sangita Rai, Bindu Rawal, Mamta Chaudhary, Kajal Shrestha, Sony Pakhrin, Shristi Jaisi, Samjhana Khadka, Ishwori Bist, Saraswati Chaudhary and Kritika Marasaini

Nepal-Malaysia series schedule:

DATE EVENT TIME (LOCAL) VENUE
29-May-2023 1st T20I
11:00 AM
YSD-UKM Oval
30-May-2023 2nd T20I
1-Jun-2023 3rd T20I
3-Jun-2023 4th T20I
4-Jun-2023 5th T20I
Also Read:  2nd Semi-Final: Malaysia vs Nepal | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report
In the recent 2023 edition of the FairBreak Invitational, Nepal’s Sita Rana Magar played for the Tornadoes, and Rubina Chhetri represented the Barmy Army. Sita took four wickets in three matches, while Rubina’s standout performance came against the Sapphires, where she recorded the season’s first five-fer (5/11) and also scored a 32*. It’s worth noting that Malaysia’s only player, Winifred Duraisingam, was also part of the Tornadoes team.
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here