3rd T20I: Malaysia vs Kuwait | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Malaysia’s successive wins, visitors Kuwait will go up against the hosts in the 3rd and final Twenty20 International (T20I) on the 6th of February, 2024, wanting to avoid a whitewash. The game will be played at Johor Cricket Academy Oval, Johor Bahru, and the action commences at 7:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Malaysia vs Kuwait
Malaysia vs Kuwait

Squads:

Malaysia – Winifred Duraisingam (C), Mas Elysa (VC), Nur Aishah, Aisya Eleesa, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Jamahidaya Intan, Mahirah Izzati Ismail, Wan Julia (WK), Dhanusri Muhunan, Aina Najwa (WK), Nur Dania Syuhada

Kuwait – Amna Tariq (C), Maryyam Ashraf, Suchitha D’Sa (WK), Venora D’Souza, Siobhan Gomez, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Zeefa Jilani, Khadija Khalil (WK), Glenda Menezes, Priyada Murali, Maryam Omar, Balasubramani Shanti, Madeeha Zuberi

Players to watch out:

Mas Elysa

The 22-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, from 66 outings has amassed 970 runs, while also scalping 28 wickets from 36 outings, and registering bests of 59 and 6/3. Though Mas departed for a duck in the T20I opener, she finished 14* in the following game, and in her only bowling innings, returned figures of 1/10 (2). She’ll be banked upon for the goods.

Ainna Hamizah Hashim

The 23-year-old all-rounder from 47 T20I outings has accumulated 348 runs, including the highest of 46*, and taken 39 wickets from 57 outings, with the best being 5/4. Ainna in the couple of T20Is this series has returned figures of 1/12 and 2/29, while also chipping in with the bat in the opener. It’ll be hoped she carries forward this momentum.

Amna Tariq

The 34-year-old all-rounder, from 35 T20I appearances, has added 272 runs to the tally, including the highest of 32*, and bagged 24 wickets, including the best of 4/9, at an economy rate of 5.34. Amna, while having registered scores of 12 and 32*, has produced figures of 0/21 and 1/22. The team will count on her to add value, especially with the bat.

Also Read:  Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Arlene Kelly, Iris Zwilling nominated for ICC's monthly award

Maria Jasvi

The 22-year-old pacer from 32 T20I outings has picked up 29 wickets, including the best of 5/6, and maintained an economy rate of 5.38. Maria has been a standout for the team this series, producing successive 3-fers, with figures of 3/23 and 3/13. She’ll be backed to make the most of this and step up again with an impactful spell.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at Johor Cricket Academy Oval offer greater assistance to bowlers over batters. The average score at the venue is only a modest score in the 90s, and batters will need to display discipline and skill to post a competitive total on this wicket.

Weather:

Scattered thunderstorms on the radar pose no threat to the game as showers are forecasted to stay away during match hours. The temperature is expected to hover around 31°C, with light winds and humidity at 69%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Wan Julia, Mas Elysa, Amna Tariq, Winifred Duraisingam, Mahirah Izzati Ismail, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Nur Dania Syuhada, Aisya Eleesa, Maryam Omar

Match details:

Date – February 6, 2024

Time – 7:00 AM IST

Venue – Johor Cricket Academy Oval, Johor Bahru

Broadcast – Access live scores for all the games of the series on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here