1st ODI: Ireland v Netherlands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI  

The three-match ODI series between Ireland and Netherlands will be played from August 22 to August 26 in the Netherlands. While the first two matches will be hosted by VRA Cricket Ground in Amstelveen on August 22 and August 24, the third and the final match will be played at Sportpark Westvliet in The Hague on August 26.

1st ODI: Ireland v Netherlands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI  

The first of the three-match series will be played on August 22 at the VRA Cricket Ground in Amstelveen and it will start at 2.30PM IST. 

Head-to-Head

Ireland and Netherlands have played 22 ODIs against each other, with Ireland winning 20 and Netherlands winning two. The last time they locked horns against each other in the 50-over format was way back in 2011.

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Mary Waldron (wk)

Netherlands: Babette de Leede (c), Gwen Bloemen, Caroline de Lange, Eva Lynch, Phebe Molkenboer, Frederique Overdijk, Juliët Post, Robine Rijke, Silver Siegers, Annemijn Thomson, Annemijn van Beuge, Isabel van der Woning, Robyn van Oosterom, Jolien van Vliet (wk), Iris Zwilling, Mikkie Zwilling

Players to watch out for

Arlene Kelly: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler, who represent Ireland. Before making the switch to Ireland, the New Zealander played domestic cricket for Auckland. She made her international debut in 2022 and since then has featured in three ODIs and six T20Is. She has 83 international runs to her name and seven wickets in her kitty.

Also Read:  Match 2: United Arab Emirates vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Laura Delany: 

In the absence of Gaby Lewis, who is playing the Hundred in England, Delany will shoulder the captainship responsibility of Ireland. She is one of the most experienced all-rounders in the side having played international cricket since 2010. She has featured in 43 ODIs and 75 T20Is. She has mustered 1450 international runs, including three half-centuries and has scalped 60 international wickets.

Babette de Leede: 

The captain of Netherlands is a right-handed batter and a wicket-keeper. She made her international debut in 2018 and since then has played 33 T20Is. She has scored 392 runs and accounted for 24 dismissals behind the stumps, making her the most successful WT20I wicket-keeper of Netherlands. She will be playing her first ODI in this series.

Iris Zwilling: 

She is a right arm speedster from Netherlands, who has represented the country in 27 T20Is since her international debut in 2019. She has claimed 27 wickets in as many T20I innings, including the best of 11/3. Apart from her bowling, she is more than a handy right-handed middle order batter and has the best score of 25. She is yet to make her ODI debut.

Pitch

The venue has hosted five women’s ODIs to date out of which teams batting first have won four and teams batting second have won one. The average first innings score is 211 and the average second innings score is 99. The highest score achieved here is 335 and the lowest is 62. Though the wicket may look good for batting, the cloudy and rainy conditions may make it difficult for the batters to score freely. On the other hand, the fast bowlers will enjoy bowling on this wicket.

Also Read:  Who is Laura Delany | Bio | Stats | Ireland Player

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy and see a passing shower. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 23 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover and chance of rain is 80 percent. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Babette de Leede, Robine Rijke, Shauna Kavanagh, Sophie MacMahon, Arlene Kelly, Iris Zwilling, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Caroline de Lange, Rachel Delaney, Silver Siegers

Match details 

Date: August 22, 2022

Time: 2.30PM IST

Venue: VRA Cricket Ground, Amstelveen

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here