2nd T20I: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The decider, 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) of the 3-match bilateral series between West Indies and Ireland is scheduled to be played at Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, St. Lucia, on the 7th of July, 2023, and commences at 2:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the opening T20I, Ireland struggled to capitalize on good starts and contributions from their middle-order duo of Laura Delany (34) and Eimear Richardson (22), finishing on a modest total of 112. In response, the Windies had Hayley Matthews (37) anchoring the innings, while the starts from Shabika Gajnabi (14), Shemaine Campbelle (14*), and Afy Fletcher (19) helped the team register a thrilling 2-wicket victory on the final ball.

Squads:

West Indies – Hayley Matthews (C), Shemaine Campbelle (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Chinelle Henry, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Qiana Joseph, Ashmini Munisar, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Ava Canning, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Aimee Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch out:

Hayley Matthews

The 25-year-old all-rounder, in 83 T20I outings has scored 1618 runs, including the best of 107*, and struck 81 wickets, producing the best of 4/10. Hayley in the opener, registering figures of 37 and 3/22, led her side from the front to a convincing win.

Cherry Ann Fraser

The 23-year-old pacer, in 10 T20Is has bagged 6 wickets, while hasn’t really got going with the bat. Fraser had a promising start to her T20 campaign, scalping two prized early wickets and finishing on figures of 2/22 (3).

Also Read:  Hayley Matthews' Century gives West Indies 1-0 Series lead against Ireland

Laura Delany

The 30-year-old all-rounder, in 75 T20Is has scored 1017 runs and in 76 bowling innings has struck 60 scalps. Laura had a good day during the opener registering figures of 34 and 0/15 and will remain crucial for the side’s success in the decider.

Arlene Kelly

The 29-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, in 13 innings has scored 74 runs and struck 28 scalps in 21 games. Arlene had a brilliant start to the T20I series producing figures of 3/21, while with the bat scored 12* runs.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground favor the batters offering them a friendly surface to bat on. However, the track also benefits the spinners with ample assistance to exploit, evidenced in a modest average score of 120.

Weather:

While the temperature is forecasted at around 28°C, with humidity of 68%, light winds, and a high chance of rain, expect delayed starts and interruptions as shower spells are forecasted during the early match hours.

Fantasy playing XI:

Shemaine Campbelle, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Laura Delany, Hayley Matthews, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Cherry Ann Fraser, Arlene Kelly, Afy Fletcher, Cara Murray

Match details:

Date – July 7, 2023

Time – 2:30 AM IST

Venue – Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, St. Lucia

Broadcast – All games of the series will be live streamed on Windies YouTube Channel, Flow Sports, FanCode, BT Sport, ESPN, SuperSport, and Sky New Zealand.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here