1st T20I: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

With the 3-match One-Day Internationals (ODIs) between hosts West Indies and Ireland resulting in a 2-0 series win for the Windies, the two sides now have their eyes set on the forthcoming 3-match T20I series. The opener is scheduled for the 5th of July, 2023, and will commence at 2:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST) at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground in St. Lucia.

1st T20I: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The two sides have competed in 5 Twenty20 International (T20I) matches so far. Among these, 1 game was played during the 2023 World Cup, while the remaining 4 matches were part of a couple of bilateral series. The current head-to-head tally stands at the Windies leading with a 5-0 record against Ireland.

Squads:

West Indies – Hayley Matthews (C), Shemaine Campbelle (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Chinelle Henry, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Qiana Joseph, Ashmini Munisar, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Ava Canning, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Aimee Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch out:

Chinelle Henry

The 27-year-old all-rounder has scored 316 runs and struck 14 scalps in 41 T20I appearances. Chinelle had a brilliant ODI series which saw her score successive half-centuries and sent down a few economic spells as well.

Qiana Joseph

The 22-year-old spinner in 3 T20I outings has bagged just a wicket, however, would be looking to register quite a few this series. Qiana’s bowling figures of 2/53 and 2/34 in the ODIs, promise more wickets for her this T20I series.

Also Read:  3rd ODI: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Gaby Lewis

The 22-year-old batter has scored 1557 runs in 68 T20Is at a strike rate of 113.56 and registered the highest score of 105*. Gaby during the ODIs registered scores of 83 and 95* and while would want to carry forward the same momentum, would also wish for runs of other batters.

Cara Murray

The 22-year-old spinner in 30 T20Is has struck 20 wickets at an economy rate of 7.10 and produced the best of 3/9. Cara in the series opener registered a 3-fer, however, didn’t add wickets to the tally in the following game, but did have an economical outing.

Pitch:

The 22-yard strip at the venue forms a well-balanced center wicket that caters to both batters and bowlers. Although it is a batting-friendly surface, there is enough assistance for bowlers, particularly the spinners, as reflected in the average score of 120.

Weather:

Despite cloudy overhead, the chances of rain are minimal, and the forecast promises a complete game of cricket at the Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, St. Lucia. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 28°C, with moderate winds and humidity of 84%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Gaby Lewis, Hayley Matthews, Laura Delany, Orla Prendergast, Chinelle Henry, Afy Fletcher, Shamilia Connell, Arlene Kelly, Cara Murray

Match details:

Date – July 5, 2023

Time – 2:30 AM IST

Venue – Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, St. Lucia

Broadcast – All games of the series will be live streamed on Windies YouTube Channel, Flow Sports, FanCode, BT Sport, ESPN, SuperSport, and Sky New Zealand.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here