Harmanpreet Kaur becomes leading run-scorer in T20Is, surpasses Mithali Raj

A conversation on cricket is incomplete without mentioning the classy yet aggressive batter and now India’s skipper, Harmanpreet Kaur. The world applauds and cheers as Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Mithali Raj to become India’s leading run-scorer in T20Is. Kaur is also the only Indian batter to score a T20I ton in women’s cricket!

Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Mithali Raj to become India’s leading run-scorer in T20Is. Kaur is also the only Indian batter to score a T20I ton in women’s cricket!. PC: Twitter
Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Mithali Raj to become India’s leading run-scorer in T20Is. PC: Sri Lanka Cricket / Twitter

Before the bilateral series with Sri Lanka, Kaur was highly focused as all eyes were curious to know how she goes on with her game as an individual and carries the team. And Kaur has yet again played a masterclass innings to clinch this milestone.

Kaur made her debut in 2009 and has emerged as a key player in the Indian team and has shut the critics who thought hitting the ball out of the park was limited to men’s cricket. Her T20I ton came against New Zealand in the 2018 edition of the T20 World Cup. Kaur also captained the Supernovas to title victory in the Women’s T20 Challenge at the MCA Stadium, Pune.

In the 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka today, Harmanpreet Kaur held the fort at one side and scored an unbeaten 31 Runs in 32 balls and in the process became India’s leading run-scorer in Women’s T20Is.

The previous record of 2364 Runs was held by Indian legend – Mithali Raj who retired from T20I cricket in 2019. Standing at 2372 Runs as on 25th June 2022, Harmanpreet Kaur has added another feather to her illustrious cap.

Also Read:  "We wanted to see how our bowlers handle pressure," says Ramesh Powar

Here’s to hunting down many more such milestones for the Indian skipper!

For more latest news and updates on women’s cricket, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Anvesha Shah

The 22 Yard stretch that molded me, is what I hold sacred. A cricketer weaving life’s innings into words. A Rohit Sharma Admirer always. I believe writing and cricket aren’t passions, but ways of life, so truly living the dream!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here