Stafanie Taylor ruled out of remainder T20I series against India due to an injury

Cricket West Indies (CWI) has recently reported that the skipper of the side Stafanie Taylor has been ruled out of the ongoing five-match T20 International series against India Women.

This was apparently the consequence of an injury she sustained during the third One Day International against India Women in Antigua. Team physiotherapist Matthew Parchment, after consultation with CWI’s Chief Medical Officer, has Reported that Stafanie sustained a Grade I Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain, so she will be available only after two weeks of recovery.

Stafanie Taylor - West Indies
Stafanie Taylor – West Indies (essentiallysports.com)

Cherry-Ann Fraser will replace Stafanie for the remainder of the ongoing T20I series against India Women. Lead selector of the panel Ann Browne-John said,

“It is very disappointing to lose Stafanie at this crucial time and she will no doubt be missed but her health and recovery are of utmost importance. We have the ICC T20 World Cup in a few months and it is critical that Stafanie gets the time to recover and return to full fitness.”

Browne-John added, “Cherry-Ann Fraser is a young Guyanese all-rounder who was in the last camp and we were impressed by her performance. Therefore having her join the team now will get her that experience to further her development.”

Anisa Mohammed will be the stand-in Captain for the series while Shemaine Campbelle will be vice-captain for the T20I’s against India happening in the Caribbean.

The three-match ODI series was won by India 2-1, and now India leads the five-match T20 series by 2-0.

Source: windiescricket.com

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI –India Women v/s West Indies Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here