Jhulan Goswami should make comeback to T20I side demands Gargi Banerji, former India International

Former Indian International player Gargi Banerji demands a comeback for Jhulan Goswami in the T20I. 

Gargi Banerji (born 20 July 1963 in Calcutta, India) is a former Test and One Day International cricketer who represented India. She made her international debut at the age of 14 at the Eden Gardens in a World Cup match against England and played for West Bengal in India’s domestic league prior to her international appearance.

“If Jhulan Goswami can play ODIs (50-over format) and be at the top of her fitness game, I don’t see any point in Jhulan not playing the T20 format (20-overs) of the game. Even at this stage, Jhulan Goswami is adept at getting the balls swing and bowls in a perfect line-length as seen in the ODI series against New Zealand. The BCCI should request Jhulan Goswami for her return in the T20I side, groom the young talents and prepare them for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 to be held in Australia,” said Gargi Banerji in a chat with Female Cricket.  

“Our T20 bowling unit is pretty naive, but can definitely flourish under the guidance and mentorship of Jhulan Goswami,” she further added. 

In the recently played first match of the 3 match T20I series, Indian women’s cricket team failed to make it count, going down by 23 runs in the opening T20 International against New Zealand on Wednesday. Also, the absence of Mithali Raj from the lineup became the talking point in the game. With the second game being a must-win for the Indian eves, Mithali is expected to return in the side. 

Also Read:  The Bitter-Sweet Journey of Women in Blue in World Cup 2022

Veteran Indian women’s team pacer Jhulan Goswami announced her retirement from T20 Internationals on 23rd August 2018, effectively ruling her out for the ICC World T20 in West Indies played. last November. 

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here