Jaya Sharma and Suman Sharma joins Female Cricket Live to Cover India Women’s tour of England

Ahead of the India England series that kick starts from tomorrow, June 16, we are excited to launch an exclusive show called ‘Female Cricket LIVE’ where we will be discussing the various aspects of the matches that will be played over the next one month and bringing forward to you some useful insights.

Jaya Sharma and Suman Sharma joins Female Cricket LIVE
Jaya Sharma and Suman Sharma joins Female Cricket LIVE

Let us start off by introducing our experts to the panel. Jaya Sharma is a former India cricketer. She was a left-hand opening bat, who represented India in 79 international games between 2002 and 2008. She was also a part of the team that reached the World Cup finals in 2005. On the back of her prolific batting performance, she was awarded the BCCI player of the year award in 2007. She was the first female recipient of the award. After hanging up her boots from international cricket, she turned to cricket administration and was the chairperson of the selection committee at Delhi & District Cricket Association that is the DDCA. Apart from this, just recently she completed a post-graduate diploma in Sports Management from IIM Rohtak and is currently associated with Crickick, a sportainment company.

Jaya Sharma celebrating a century
Jaya Sharma celebrating a century. Pic Credits: ESPN Cricinfo

Our next guest is Suman Sharma. She has donned the coaching hat for over 15 years. She was the fielding coach of the Indian women’s cricket team in 2016. After that she moved to Kerala to coach the women’s team of the state and since 2017 has been associated with the Kerala Cricket Association. She has played a pivotal part in bringing up cricket in the state through her nuanced coaching abilities.

Also Read:  In Difficulty, Lies Opportunity : The Journey of Nooshin Al Khadeer | The Pioneers

Suman Sharma
Suman Sharma. Pic Credits: Instagram

We would like to extend a warm welcome to our guests and set the ball rolling. The India-England Test that starts tomorrow, June 16 has garnered a lot of attention over the last few days. The two teams met last to play the longest format way back in 2014 when England hosted India for a one-off Test. With eight debutants in the Indian side, England eves were the clear favorites, but thanks to some heroic performances, coupled with grit and determination exhibited by the Women in Blue, they caused an upset. India went on to win the Test by six wickets.

Fast-forwarding to 2021, India has again reached the English shores with an 18-member squad, and this time, there are 10 uncapped Test players on the side. Though nine out of these 10 players have represented India in the shorter formats, Test cricket is altogether a different ball game.

Will India repeat the 2014 success and beat England, a side that certainly plays more Test cricket than them? Or will England come out strong to redeem themselves? Tune in at 3.30 pm IST tomorrow to find out.

Follow us on Twitter here for all the live updates.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Who among the 10 India women players can make their Test debut in England?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here