‘They seem to be more fearless than I’ve seen before’, says Nat Sciver ahead of the Bristol Test

England women’s team test deputy Nat Sciver believes that the Indian women’s team seems to be more fearless than before. The hosts are all set to take on the Women In Blue in a one-off test beginning June 16 in Bristol.

Natalie Sciver - England Women's Cricket Team
Natalie Sciver – England Women’s Cricket Team

English all-rounder Nat Sciver has played 5 Test matches, 70 One-Day Internationals, and 83 T20 Internationals to date. She was the first cricketer for England to take a hat-trick in a Women’s Twenty20 International match. The “Natmeg” shot is named after Sciver, from when she has hit a cricket ball through her legs during a game. She was named the vice-captain across all three formats earlier this month, replacing Anya Shrubsole.

“They’re an ever-growing side. There’s always a new, young talent on the team who isn’t afraid to go out there and show what they’ve got. They seem to be more fearless than I’ve seen before,” ESPNcricinfo quoted Sciver as saying.

“Couple that with a lot of experience in their team, with Mithali Raj, Jhulan Goswami, they can be a very difficult side to beat. Hopefully in England, in our conditions, we can hone our skills and make sure that we’re doing the right things,” Sciver added

“Last time we played India, we weren’t very good in that Test match and we didn’t play to our potential so hopefully we can do better this time,” she said.

When asked about Test matches for women cricketers, Sciver said, “They don’t come around very often so it does bring something different to training, and when you’re looking at tactics and stats that have been before you can’t really go on any of those because they’re so few and far between, women’s Tests.”

Also Read:  Who among the 10 India women players can make their Test debut in England?

After the one-off test, India and England will square off in 3 ODIs starting from June 27 and 3 T20Is starting from July 9. The series will conclude on July 14 in Chelmsford.

The point system for these games is as follows:

1. For Test match: win- 4 points, draw- 2 points each, no result- 1 point each

2. For ODI and T20I: win- 2 points

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here