How can Harmanpreet and Co. Lead India to a Series Victory against mighty Aussies?

The 2021 Women’s CommBank series has now reached its third and concluding leg comprising 3 T20Is. These last three matches are scheduled for October 7, 9, and 10.

India vs Australia Women's T20I Series
India vs Australia Women’s T20I Series

India’s performance so far has been quite progressive. The start was a bit disappointing after losing 2 out of 3 ODIs but winning the third one was enough to get the team’s spirits up. They also broke Australia’s 26-undefeated ODIs streak. The Test match saw an excellent performance from the Indian women who were most likely to win it if not for the downpours. Now the focus will completely shift to the T20Is.

Will Harmanpreet Kaur Captain India in T20Is vs Australia?

Harmanpreet Kaur will now take over the captaincy for the T20Is after Mithali Raj led the team in the ODI and Test. Kaur was recovering from her injuries post The Hundred due to which she sat out the ODIs and Test and will directly enter the T20Is. Her entry into the team is extremely crucial as she specializes in the T20 format.

Kaur will accompany India’s two strong opening batswomen Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana. Both these openers too have an important role in the T20Is as due to the smaller number of overs in the innings, a good start is very necessary. Verma is expected to play her usual aggressive game while Mandhana is expected to continue the momentum after showcasing a stellar performance in the Test match.

Also Read:  Australia Women’s squad announced for upcoming India tour of Australia

Will Jemimah Rodrigues make her comeback in T20I series?

Jemimah Rodrigues, another talented batswoman, will join the Indian women for the T20Is. Rodrigues displayed a good performance with Northern Superchargers at The Hundred this year. Let’s hope that she will continue this performance and score fast runs for the team with boundaries. Additionally, wicket-keeper Richa Ghosh and Yastika Bhatia could play in the middle-order.

In the bowling stock, it is unfortunate that veteran seamer Jhulan Goswami will not continue. However, youngsters Meghna Singh, Pooja Vastrakar, and Shikha Pandey will cover up for her.

This year, Australia has a huge diversity of skills in its squad. The withdrawals of several veterans have given opportunities to the newbies to debut with the national side. Hence, it is a good combo of experienced veterans and enthusiastic newbies. Captain Meg Lanning has full confidence in her new and young all-rounders.

Tahlia McGrath received her T20I debut call-up after a commendable outing in the Test. Annabel Sutherland and Nicola Carey as well have ensured their continued inclusion for the T20Is.

India’s T20I squad:

Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Smriti Mandhana (vice-captain), Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Yastika Bhatia, Shikha Pandey, Meghna Singh, Pooja Vastrakar, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Richa Ghosh (wicket-keeper), Harleen Deol, Arundhati Reddy, Radha Yadav and Renuka Singh.

Australia’s T20I squad:

Meg Lanning (captain), Rachael Haynes (vice-captain), Darcie Brown, Maitlan Brown, Stella Campbell, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Georgia Redmayne, Moll Strano, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck and Georgia Wareham.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Diana Edulji asks ICC to consider an Experienced Panel of Umpires for Women’s Cricket
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here