Preview: India vs Australia T20 Series | Players to Watch | Live Streaming | Squad | Weather

The final leg of the multi-format series between India and Australia will start from October 7 as the two teams will lock horns against each other in a three-match T20I tournament. Australia are leading with 6 points to India’s 4 points in this multi-format series. With the series being well-balanced both the outfits will have everything to play for over the next four days.

India vs Australia Women's T20I Series
India vs Australia Women’s T20I Series

Preview: 1st T20I India Women vs Australia Women

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Nicola Carey, Annabel Sutherland, Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Georgia Redmayne, Darcie Brown, Maitlan Brown, Stella Campbell, Hannah Darlington, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux, Molly Strano, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham

India: Renuka Singh Thakur, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Yastika Bhatia, Meghna Singh, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Shikha Pandey, Arundhati Reddy, Pooja Vastrakar, Richa Ghosh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav

Players to watch out for

Smriti Mandhana:

The stylish southpaw is the leading run-getter for India in this series so far. The opening bat has scored 124 runs in the three ODIs and 158 runs in the one off Test. The 25-year old will look to carry her form going into the T20Is.

Pooja Vastrakar:

Her all-round ability has made her one of the most effective players in the Indian side. She is quick with the ball and has some good yorkers and bouncers in her repertoire. With the bat, she can be that hard-hitting finisher for India.

Ellyse Perry:

She is one of the best all-rounders in the Australian team. After a forgettable performance in the ODIs, the 30-year old came out strong in the Test, with contributions from bat and ball.

Also Read:  Australia Women’s Probable playing XI for the one-off Day-Night Pink Ball Test are?

Alyssa Healy:

She was the player of the match when India and Australia met last in a T20I and that was during the final of World T20 last year. The right-handed opener is a devastating opener and can tear apart any bowling attack when she is on song.

Weather

The weather looks good since there is almost no chance (8%) of rain during the course of the match. The average temperatures are around 20 degrees Celsius with a 95% cloud cover and wind blowing from the northwest.

Pitch

The match will be played at the same venue as the Test. It is a good wicket to bat on. As the twilight hour kicks in, the lights will help the bowlers to extract something from the wicket. The seamers were more effective in the recently concluded Test picking up 13 wickets, while the spinners accounted for 8 wickets.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Richa Ghosh, Meg Lanning, Beth Mooney, Smriti Mandhana, Ellyse Perry, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Molineux, Tayla Vlaeminck, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav

Match details

Venue: Carrara Oval, Queensland

Date: October 7, 2021

Time: 2.10pm IST

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony Ten 3 (Hindi), Sony Ten 4 (Tamil)

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here