Preview: India Women’s Tour of Australia – T20I series starts 7th October | Squad | Live Streaming

The multi-format series between India and Australia is alive and kicking. Though Australia are leading with 6 points to India’s 4 points, the last two ODIs and competitive performance in the Test have arguably shifted the momentum towards India.

Breaking Australia’s 26-match winning streak in ODI cricket and taking a healthy lead of 136 in the Test match suggest that India have well and truly arrived to match up against the mighty Australians on their home soil.

India and Australia last played a T20I on March 8, 2020, which was the final of the World T20. Having won the first match of the World T20 against Australia, the hopes were high from India in the final, however, the Women in Blue succumbed to the pressure perhaps and lost the final to end as the runners-up.

India vs Australia T20I Series
India vs Australia T20I Series

With the upcoming three-match T20I series, which is the final leg of the multi-format affair, India will look for redemption and clinch the series by a margin of atleast 2-1 to draw the multi-format affair. If India wins the T20I series, 3-0, they will win the multi-format affair with 10 points to Australia’s 6 points.

Schedule of the T20I series

Date Time (IST) Match Venue
October 7, 2021 2.10pm 1st T20I  

Carrara Oval, Queensland

October 9, 2021 1.40pm 2nd T20I
October 10, 2021 1.40pm 3rd T20I

Live Streaming:

All the live-action can be caught on Sony LIV, Sony Ten 3 (Hindi) and Sony Ten 4 (Tamil).

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning, Rachael Haynes, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Nicola Carey, Annabel Sutherland, Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Georgia Redmayne, Darcie Brown, Maitlan Brown, Stella Campbell, Hannah Darlington, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux, Molly Strano, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham

India: Renuka Singh Thakur, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Yastika Bhatia, Meghna Singh, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Shikha Pandey, Arundhati Reddy, Pooja Vastrakar, Richa Ghosh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav

Head to Head

Australia and India have played 20 times against each other in the T20Is. Australia have clearly dominated India registering 14 wins, while India have managed to win just 6.

Last 5 matches

Australia and India have had quite similar performances in their last five T20Is. Australia played a home and away series against New Zealand, winning two out of the five matches. They lost two matches and one match failed to produce a result. On the other hand, India played an away series against England, which they lost 1-2, and a home series against South Africa, which also they lost 1-2.

Follow us on Twitter for all the latest news and updates.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Mithali Raj replies to a troll like a boss on Twitter
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here