Australia Women’s squad announced for upcoming India tour of Australia

Australia has announced its 18-member squad for the upcoming India Women’s tour of Australia in September. It is a fine mix of youth and experience for the multi-format tour.

22 Consecutive Wins for Australian Women's Cricket Team. PC: AusWomenCricket/Twitter
22 Consecutive Wins for Australian Women’s Cricket Team. PC: AusWomenCricket/Twitter

Starting from September 19, the Indian and Australian women will play 3 ODIs in Melbourne and Sydney, a day-night Test in Perth and 3 T20Is in Sydney.

Meg Lanning was chosen to captain the team and Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes are the senior players. However, senior fast bowler Megan Schutt along with Belinda Vakarewa requested not to be considered for selection due to personal reasons.

When they say that it’s a fine mix of youth and experience, 19-year-old Stella Campbell has found a place in the squad, while 27-year-old experienced senior wicketkeeper Georgia Redmayne was also picked.

Maitlan Brown’s return after a lengthy break due to injury has boosted Australia’s fast-bowling stocks.

Australia Squad:

Meg Lanning (Captain), Rachael Haynes (Vice-Captain), Darcie Brown, Maitlan Brown, Stella Campbell, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Georgia Redmayne, Molly Strano, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck and Georgia Wareham.

Schedule for the Tour:

1st ODI- 19th September in Sydney

2nd ODI- 22nd September in Melbourne

3rd ODI- 24th September in Melbourne

Only Test (Day-night)- September 30 to October 3 in Perth

1st T20I- 7th October in Sydney

2nd T20I- 9th October in Sydney

3rd  T20I- 11th October in Sydney

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  WPL 2024: Best Starting Playing XI for Delhi Capitals (DC)
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here