Dhaka’s Sher-E-Bangla Stadium to host India for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is

The Indian women’s cricket team is gearing up to return to the field with a challenging tour of Bangladesh. The team will play a series of six matches, including three T20Is followed by three ODIs, all of which will be held at the iconic Shere Bangla Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka. The fixtures, as listed on the BCCI’s official website, are scheduled from July 9 to 22.

Dhaka's Sher-E-Bangla Stadium to host India for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is.
Dhaka’s Sher-E-Bangla Stadium to host India for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is.

This upcoming tour marks the first time that the Indian women’s cricket team will be in action since their heart-breaking exit in the semifinals of the ICC Women’s World Cup in Cape Town on February 23, where they were defeated by Australia. After a period of introspection and preparation, the team recently underwent a high-performance camp at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore.

The tour schedule showcases a mix of T20Is and ODIs, allowing the team to showcase their skills across both game formats. The ODI matches hold significance as they are classified as ICC Championship Matches, contributing to the team’s ranking in the ongoing ICC Women’s Championship.

As the tour draws closer, anticipation builds for the announcement of the squad that will represent India in these matches. The BCCI is yet to announce the official squad for the Bangladesh tour, keeping fans and cricket enthusiasts eagerly awaiting the composition of the team.

The Indian women’s team will be eager to make a strong statement on the tour, leaving behind their World Cup disappointment and showcasing their talent and resilience on the international stage. With the opportunity to compete against a formidable Bangladesh side, the tour presents a chance for the team to regroup, gain momentum, and continue their journey towards achieving greater success.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The resumption of international cricket for the Indian women’s team comes at a crucial juncture, with the BCCI’s ongoing search for a new head coach indicating the board’s commitment to providing stability and guidance to the team. As the players prepare to don the national colors once again, fans eagerly await their spirited performances and hope for a successful campaign in Bangladesh.

Schedule: India Women’s tour of Bangladesh 2023

DATE EVENT TIME
09-Jul-2023 1st T20I 1:30 PM
11-Jul-2023 2nd T20I 1:30 PM
13-Jul-2023 3rd T20I 1:30 PM
16-Jul-2023 1st ODI 9:00 AM
19-Jul-2023 2nd ODI 9:00 AM
22-Jul-2023 3rd ODI 9:00 AM
*All games will be played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here