1st T20I: Malaysia vs Hong Kong | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series between Malaysia and Hong Kong kicks off on the 12th of September, 2023, with the series opener scheduled to be played at the Selangor Turf Club, Kuala Lumpur, at 8:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I: Malaysia vs Hong Kong | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both Malaysia and Hong Kong recently participated in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier. Hosts Malaysia had 2 wins and 2 defeats in their 5 league games, leading to their exit from the competition. Meanwhile, Hong Kong performed better with 3 wins and 1 defeat, allowing them to advance to the Semi-Final. Unfortunately, they lost that game to the United Arab Emirates.

Squads:

Malaysia – Winifred Duraisingam (C), Mas Elysa (VC), Musfirah Nur Ainaa, Nur Aishah, Nik Nur Atiela, Aisya Eleesa, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Jamahidaya Intan, Mahirah Izzati Ismail, Wan Julia (WK), Aina Najwa (WK), Nur Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Wan Nor Zulaika

Hong Kong – Kary Chan (C), Natasha Miles (VC), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Shing Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (WK), Yasmin Daswani (WK), Mariko Hill, Marina Lamplough, Alison Siu, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (WK), Pull To, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Players to watch out:

Mas Elysa

The 22-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has scored 953 runs in 61 innings and taken 26 wickets in 34 games, with respective bests of 59 with the bat and 6/3 with the ball. In the recently concluded ICC event, Mas Elysa was the top scorer for the side with 86 runs in 4 outings but did not have a bowl in any game.

Nur Arianna Natsya

The 21-year-old leg-spinner, in T20Is, has picked up 25 wickets in 34 bowling outings, including her best figures of 3/25, and has scored 112 runs in 25 innings with the bat. During the ICC event, Nur Arianna Natsya bowled in 3 out of 4 games and impressively scalped 4 wickets, with her best performance being 2/12 against Bahrain.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Malaysia vs Hong Kong | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Mariko Hill

The 27-year-old all-rounder, in 48 T20I appearances, has accumulated 886 runs, with a highest score of 76, and has been useful with the ball, contributing 32 wickets, with a best performance of 3/14. Mariko, in 5 outings during the Asia region qualifier, scored 84 runs and also contributed with 3 wickets.

Kary Chan

The 26-year-old left-arm wrist spinner, in 50 T20I appearances, has bagged 57 wickets, with her best performance being 5/4, and has also scored 724 runs from 45 outings. Kary Chan, in 5 outings at the ICC event, had a strong start with figures of 2/9, 2/19, and 5/4 in the first 3 games. However, she couldn’t finish on a high note and will be looking to rediscover her form.

Pitch:

The center wicket at the Selangor Turf Club, Kuala Lumpur, heavily favors the spinners, creating ideal conditions for bowling, as evident from the average score in the 70s. However, batters with good tactical skills and shot selection can still score runs effectively.

Weather:

With a partly cloudy sky and a very low chance of rain, it would be a good day to be at Selangor Turf Club, Kuala Lumpur, for some cricket. The temperature is expected to hover around 32°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 68%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Wan Julia, Mas Elysa, Pull To, Winifred Duraisingam, Kary Chan, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Mariko Hill, Mahirah Izzati Ismail, Betty Chan, Aisya Eleesa, Nur Arianna Natsya

Match details:

Date – September 12, 2023

Time – 8:30 AM IST

Venue – Selangor Turf Club, Kuala Lumpur

Broadcast – All games of the bilateral series will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here