Interesting Facts about Arundhati Reddy, Priya Punia, Radha Yadav, Taniya Bhatia, Anuja Patil, Poonam Yadav, Jemimah Rodrigues, Mansi Joshi, Harmanpreet Kaur.
- Arundhati Reddy – The fast bowler dreams of taking a five wicket haul in a T20I. She rates domestic cricket very high and believes it’s the foundation base of any good cricketer. She says that she cannot think of a profession other than cricket as she isn’t good at anything else but yes, she likes singing and that is her stress-buster too. When it comes to eating, she just love eating anything that is sweet and whenever she feels like giving herself a little treat, she eats anything sweet. Getting a cap from Mithali Raj has been her favorite cricket moment so far. She follows Jasprit Bumrah’s bowling quite closely and idolizes Rahul Dravid. Initially, she wanted to be a wicketkeeper but her coach knew her potential better and grooved her as pace bowler. Just like her, the entire family and relatives are just “crazy” about cricket.
- Priya Punia – The 22-year old batter is movie freak and loves to listen Punjabi music. Also she likes to play and spend time with her dog, Bruno. The only superstition she follows is to wear a leg guard on her left leg while batting. Her personal coach is her father who has always supported her both on and off the field. Former cricketer Reema Malhotra has always motivated her, she is fascinated by Harmapreet Kaur’s huge sixes, Virat Kohli is her role model and she grew up watching Rahul Dravid’s game. Apart from cricket, she also plays badminton. Before starting playing cricket, she used to play lawn tennis also.
- Radha P Yadav – The youngster loves to hangout at Marine Drive in Mumbai and Deepika Padukone is her favorite actress. Although she loves to eat chocolates and ice-cream but her love for cricket is far more than the sweets and she has readily scarified them for her game. She doesn’t like studying and always found herself playing some or the other sport like badminton, kabaddi and kho-kho. Her father shed tears of joy and her mother hugged her out of happiness on her India selection just after five years of proper training. Although her native place is in Uttar Pradesh but has she never been there till now. Although she is spinner, but she still enjoys batting more than bowling.
- Taniya Bhatia – She comes from a family of cricketers. Her father, Sanjay Bhatia, works in Central Bank of India and was a cricketer in his young days. Also, her uncle and brothers are also into the same profession. She trained under former Indian cricketer Yograj Singh during her school days and currently is guided by former Indian pacer RP Singh. But the hard-hitter suffered a slump and lost interest in cricket and went into depression for nearly two years. But her mother’s support brought her back to the field. She admires Sarah Taylor a lot and idolizes M.S. Dhoni for improving her keeping skills.
- Anuja Patil – She is the only child of her parents and is the sole breadwinner of her family. During her school days, she used to bunk classes to watch her father’s and her uncle’s matches. She says that she still try to copy their sweep shots and square cuts. Until 2017, her father used drive auto-rickshaw to make both ends meet but then she convinced him to stop driving and took the responsibilities on her shoulders. First she bought them a car and then a home. She is an ideal “daughter” of her family.
- Poonam Yadav- Poonam’s father, Raghubir Singh Yadav, is a retired army officer and her mother, Munni Devi, is a homemaker. She was a sporty girl from the very beginning and injuries, scars, or marks never really mattered to her. But her height restricted her sports options but her shortcoming became a blessing in disguise in cricket. Initially, her father disallowed her strictly to make a career in sports. But her coach Hemlata was able to convince him about her immense talent. Despite of family support, she faced a lot of “sexism” from all quarters in the outside world. She loves to listen music in free time.
- Jemimah Rodrigues – The sensational young gun started playing season cricket at the age of four. She used to ball to her elder brothers Enoch and Andy from a young age. She studied at St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Mumbai and later joined Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce. She scored 80% marks in tenth standard by studying just a week before the exams. She is the youngest Indian to score a double hundred in a first class game. Singing and playing guitar are her favorite pastimes.
- Mansi Joshi – Her role model are Sachin Tendulkar and Brett Lee and favorite female cricketer is Mithali Raj. Since she decide cricket to be her priority, her family and friends took care of studies as she graduated in 2016. She loves to visit her grandmother’s place – Tehri, Uttarakand and she is a die-hard fan of superstar Rajesh Khanna.
- Harmanpreet Kaur – Her father, Harmandar Singh Bhullar, was volleyball and basketball player and was once an aspiring cricketer but obviously became her first coach. Her younger sister is assistant professor in college in Moga, Punjab, her native town. She is deeply inspired by Virender Sehwag. “Aggression” is her fortie and whatever she has achieved is due to the right channelizing of her aggression.