2nd T20I: New Zealand vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

The 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series between New Zealand and England saw the visitors clinch a convincing victory in the opener. The second T20I, scheduled for the 22nd of March, 2024, at Saxton Oval, Nelson, commences at 5:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: New Zealand vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Bernadine Bezuidenhout (WK), Izzy Gaze (WK), Maddy Green, Mikaela Greig, Brooke Halliday, Amelia Kerr, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

England – Heather Knight (C), Hollie Armitage, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Linsey Smith

Players to watch out:

Amelia Kerr

The 23-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 49 innings, has accumulated 909 runs and scalped 64 wickets from 65 outings, with respective bests of 70* and 3/11. In a recent T20 competition, while Amelia struggled with the ball, she managed several starts with the bat and will be backed to rediscover her form.

Fran Jonas

The 19-year-old left-arm off-spinner, in 24 T20I appearances, has bagged 17 wickets, with the best of 3/16, maintaining an economy rate of 5.30. In the lead-up to the series, Fran returned figures of 2/11 and 1/19 in the warm-up games and 1/30 in the T20I opener. It’ll be hoped she builds on this momentum.

Maia Bouchier

The 25-year-old batter, striking at 116.98 and averaging 20.66, has added 248 runs to the tally, including the highest of 38*, from 17 T20Is. Maia kicked off the tour with a 27 in the 1st warm-up game and though followed up with scores of 5 and 0, in the T20I opener scored a mature 43*. She’ll be relied upon for the runs.

Also Read:  Lea Tahuhu ruled out of England's ODI series due to Hamstring Injury

Lauren Bell

The 27-year-old pacer has struck 20 wickets, including the best of 4/12, at an economy rate of 6.98, from 15 T20I outings. Lauren, in a warm-up game, registered figures of 1/17 (2.5), and carrying forward the momentum into the T20I series, registered figures of 2/29 and will be banked upon for the breakthroughs.

Pitch:

The center wicket at Saxton Oval makes a well-balanced surface, providing a fair contest between bat and ball. The wicket assists both spinners and pacers effectively, while batters too enjoy their time in the middle with an average score in the 120s.

Weather:

Despite cloudy skies, the conditions are pleasant for cricket at Saxton Oval, Nelson, with a low chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 18°C, with light winds and humidity of 76%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Suzie Bates, Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Jess Kerr, Sophie Devine, Rosemary Mair, Lauren Bell, Sarah Glenn, Charlie Dean

Match details:

Date – March 22, 2024

Time – 5:30 AM IST

Venue – Saxton Oval, Nelson

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Amazon Prime Video.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here