2nd T20I: India vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the series opener, clinical England secured a convincing win, setting the stage for another exciting clash as India aims for redemption to stay alive in the 3-match series. The 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) is scheduled to be played on the 9th of December, 2023, at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai and live action commences at 7:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: India vs England | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

India – Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Yastika Bhatia, Richa Ghosh, Amanjot Kaur, Shreyanka Patil, Mannat Kashyap, Saika Ishaque, Renuka Thakur, Titas Sadhu, Pooja Vastrakar, Kanika Ahuja, Minnu Mani

England – Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Mahika Gaur, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Heather Knight (C), Nat Sciver-Brunt, Danielle Wyatt

Players to watch out:

Harmanpreet Kaur

The 34-year-old all-rounder, in 141 T20I outings, averaging 28.14, has racked up 3180 runs, including the highest of 103, and has been handy with the ball, picking up 32 wickets. Harmanpreet, in the series opener, departed for 26 runs, and it’ll be expected of her to capitalize on the start. She was brilliant with the ball in the Women’s Big Bash League, and there are indications of her bowling in the series decider.

Titas Sadhu

The 19-year-old pacer has had a brief stint with the senior national team, but an impactful one which sees her with 4 wickets from 2 outings, with the best being 3/6. She wasn’t part of the playing XI in the series opener, but is likely to play in the must-win. She has built her reputation of stepping up on big occasions, and her form shouldn’t be of concern, as she was seen in good rhythm and among wickets in the ongoing domestic season.

Also Read:  Preview: England and South Africa Women's limited over series kick starts 11th July

Danielle Wyatt

The 32-year-old batter, in 129 T20I outings, has amassed 2602 runs, including the highest of 124, and has been very valuable with the ball as well, scalping 46 from 45 outings, with the best being 4/11. Danni averages her best, 32.52, against India and scripted another tale of this love affair with a blazing 47-ball 75 in the series opener. It’ll be watched if she can follow this up with another significant score.

Sophie Ecclestone

The 24-year-old, in 73 T20Is, has bagged 105 wickets, including the best of 4/18, at an average of 15.07 and an economy rate of 5.81. She’s been a handy contributor with the ball as well, chipping in with 199 runs and a best of 33*. Economical and effective as ever, Sophie, with figures of 3/15 (4), yet again proved her mettle on a surface where spinners struggled, and conditions were such that it wasn’t easy to grip the ball. She’ll be relied upon for another match-winning bowling display.

Pitch:

The surface at Wankhede Stadium is favorable for batting, resulting in a healthy average score of around 160. As the match progresses, spinners can expect some assistance in the latter half, while pacers can make significant contributions upfront.

Weather:

With mostly cloudy skies and a minimal chance of rain, the conditions are ideal for a complete game of cricket in Mumbai. The temperature is expected to hover around 29°C, with light winds and humidity at 58%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Danielle Wyatt, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Renuka Thakur, Shreyanka Patil

Also Read:  Who will be ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year 2023?

Match details:

Date – December 9, 2023

Time – 7:00 PM IST

Venue – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Jio Cinema and telecasted on Sports18.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here