Women’s East Asia Cup 2022 | Squad, Schedule, Timing, Live Streaming

The 2022 edition of the women’s East Asia Cup is scheduled to be held in Kaizuka, Japan, from the 27th to the 30th of October. This will be the fourth edition of the women’s East Asia Cup and was originally scheduled to involve the same 4 teams in China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea, but with China and South Korea’s withdrawal, Japan and Hong Kong are set to contests in a 4-match bilateral series format to determine the winner.

Japan Women's Cricket squad that participated in 2019 Women's Asia Cup. PC: Getty Images
Japan Women’s Cricket squad that participated in 2019 Women’s Asia Cup. PC: Getty Images

The tournament in its previous, 2019 edition had China claim the title and is one among the four member countries who signed an agreement in 2021 to make the women’s East Asia Cup an annual event for the betterment of cricket in the region, but the 2021 event that was scheduled to be played in Hong Kong was canceled due to Covid-19.

The inaugural edition of the tournament saw China win the tournament and hosts Hong Kong then claimed the title in its following, 2017 edition before China reclaimed the title in 2019. The upcoming fourth edition presents the runner’s up from the 2017 edition, Japan with an opportunity to claim their maiden title, while the runner’s up from the 2015 and 2019 editions Hong Kong, a redemption chance to reclaim the title.

Squads for the Women’s East Asia Cup 2022 :

Japan Women’s Cricket Team

Mai Yanagida (C), Ahilya Chandel, Ayumi Fujikawa, Kiyo Fujikawa, Hinase Goto, Haruna Iwasaki, Ayaka Kanada, Ruan Kanai, Akari Kano, Shimako Kato, Shizuka Miyaji, Mako Munakata, Erika Oda, Meg Ogawa, Minami Yoshioka

Also Read:  Suzie Bates to Lead Team Falcons in FairBreak Invitational 2022 Tournament

Hong Kong Women’s Cricket Team

Kary Chan (C), Maryam Bibi, Georgina Bradley, Betty Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (WK), Tammy Chu, Yasmin Daswani (WK), Mariko Hill, Cindy Ho, Emma Lai, Natasha Miles, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (WK), Ruchitha Venkatesh

Women’s East Asia Cup 2022 Schedule : 
DATE EVENT TIME (LOCAL) VENUE
27-Oct-2022 1st T20I 11:00 AM Kaizuka Cricket Field
28-Oct-2022 2nd T20I 11:00 AM Kaizuka Cricket Field
29-Oct-2022 3rd T20I 11:00 AM Kaizuka cricket field
30-Oct-2022 4th T20I 11:00 AM Kaizuka Cricket Field

Japan in the lead-up to the event played a warmup game against a sister team, Japan XI and their last international appearance dates back to the 3rd place play-off of the same tournament that the side had played against South Korea back in 2019.

On the other hand, Hong Kong had a busy few months having toured the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for a 4-match T20I series that they eventually lost 0-4. The side then featured in the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Women’s T20 Championship and registered 4 straight wins in their group-stage games, but lost to Malaysia in their Semi-Final.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here