17 Years old Alice Capsey becomes England’s Youngest Player to score T20I Fifty

17-year-old, teen batting sensation from England, Alice Capsey was a sure-shot debutant and a player from the English dugout to be watched out during the Commonwealth Games. She’d debuted in England’s buildup to the Commonwealth Games during the series against South Africa in the 2nd T20I.

17 Years old Alice Capsey becomes England's Youngest Player to score T20I Fifty. PC: Getty Images
17 Years old Alice Capsey becomes England’s Youngest Player to score T20I Fifty. PC: Getty Images

Ahead of Alice Capsey’s debut, head coach, Lisa Keightley had high praises quoting, “I think Alice’s time is now and she gives us lots of options with the ball, another option to bowl, and she can float in the batting order. She tends to be able to move quite freely with a good strike rate in doing that. We have always had an eye on her. Sometimes the skipper doesn’t want to put too much pressure on a young kid too early and I think she has done that really well.”

Alice in her debut match didn’t have to come out to bat for the side but made an impression on the game as when skipper, Nat Sciver threw the ball she made an instant impact claiming a wicket and got a much-needed breakthrough for her side. Alice in her 2nd game, the 3rd T20I series saw Alice on the international stage with the bat in hand and her 17-ball-25 laid a positive impression standing upto her head coaches words.

The Commonwealth Games saw Alice Capsey in the opener against Sri Lanka play a very mature knock of 44(45) with other batters departing on the other end to Sri Lankan spinner had Alice Capsey shine for England. The 2nd contest against South Africa saw Alice Capsey come in early in the 2nd over of the game and start brilliantly by dealing in boundaries. Overs changed, bowlers changed, but her intent and acceleration kept going at a good and steady pace. She got to her maiden fifty in international cricket and it’d come off 36 balls and then departed the very next well. In the process, she now holds the record for being England’s youngest player (17y 356d) to get to a T20I fifty.

Also Read:  Scotland beat Kenya and Sri Lanka Women Continue their Winning Streak in Commonwealth

From showing her potential in the 3rd T20I during the South Africa series to impressing with two different knocks as per the situation demanded show’s the variety young Alice Capsey has in her game which promises her with a long career in the three lions shirt.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here