Watch Video: Renuka Singh Thakur stuns Australian Players, Picks 4 Wickets

In the opening encounter between India and Australia, Australia emerged as the Winners, beating India in a nail-biting thriller by 3 Wickets with just 6 balls remaining.

Watch Video: Renuka Singh Thakur stuns Australian Players, Picks 4 Wickets . PC: Getty Images
Watch Video: Renuka Singh Thakur stuns Australian Players, Picks 4 Wickets . PC: Getty Images

Though India lost the match, 26-year-old Shimla-born Renuka Singh Thakur won several hearts with her performance that left Australia stunned.

With so much buzz around the opening game and it being an encounter against Australia, there were keen eyes on the contest, and for Renuka Singh Thakur to have stepped up and created the early chaos she did in the Australian dressing room, it for sure has a part of the cricketing audience get a new name to follow and undoubtedly has inspired the next generation.

India defending a competitive total of 154 stepped out requiring a dominating start that came their way with Renuka Singh Thakur producing gold by picking up Alyssa Healy on the 2nd ball of the innings. In her 2nd over, she picked up Meg Lanning who having got a couple away couldn’t see off the Thakur effect and the same was with Beth Mooney who decided to give it back, but instead saw the furniture disturb by an inside edge off her bat. Australia’s in-form, Tahlia McGrath who’d starting to get going and looked threatening failed to defend an inswing one to avoid seeing her stumps rattled. Her body was in this good confidence that she complete her 4 overs in a spell and registered great figures of 4-0-18-4.

Also Read:  Who Could Rival Australia for Gold at the Commonwealth Games?

Renuka in her post-match interaction with the media on her performance said, “We were working more on fitness and we had a fitness camp recently and that helped me. We are also planning to hit the hard length and I am benefiting from that. Since I am a swing bowler, I am working on that area. The more I can swing the ball, the better it is. I have worked on my speed and endurance. Those are the two important things for a fast bowler.”

Renuka Singh Thakur’s four brilliant overs had Australia restricted and struggling right from the start, but with a poor bowling display from the rest, the win couldn’t come India’s way. Nevertheless, such bowling performances always do inspire young fans watching and for sure there’ll be someone knocking a friend tomorrow in the streets or nets and celebrating as Renuka Singh Thakur did after bagging the crucial wicket of Tahlia McGrath.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here