Preview: Match 10 – Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The 10th and the final match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on January 24 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Both the teams have won three out of three matches. The team that wins this final match will qualify for the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Tournament to be played in Birmingham later this year.

Preview: Match 10 - Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad
Preview: Match 10 – Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Match preview

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c, wk), Rumana Ahmed, Sharmin Akhter, Nahida Akter, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Suraiya Azmin, Fargana Hoque, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Ritu Moni, Sobhana Mostary, Shamima Sultana (wk), Fariha Trisna

Sri Lanka: Chamari Atapattu (c), Harshitha Madavi (vc), Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Vishmi Gunaratne, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoka Ranaweera, Anushka Sanjeewani, Tharika Sewwandi, Nilakshi de Silva, Prasadani Weerakkody

Players to watch out for

Murshida Khatun:

The left handed opening batter of Bangladesh won the player of the match in her last game against Scotland. She muscled an unbeaten 50 off 55 balls, including six boundaries and a six. She registered her maiden T20I half-century. She led the run chase and helped her team win by nine wickets.

Salma Khatun:

The right arm veteran seamer was the pick of the bowlers for Bangladesh in her last match against Scotland. She opened the bowling and struck with 2-9 in her three overs, including 11 dot balls. She bowled in disciplined lines and lengths to keep the batters at bay. She bowled well with the new ball and inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses MS Dhoni's T20I Captaincy Record

Chamari Athapaththu:

The captain of Sri Lanka is in great form having mustered two half-centuries in three matches. The left handed opening batter has provided a solid start to Sri Lanka in all the three matches in the tournament. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right arm off spinner.

Harshitha Madavi:

The left-handed middle order bat of Sri Lanka bagged the player of the match award in her last outing against Malaysia. She hammered 65 not out off just 42 balls, including 10 boundaries. She guided her team to a daunting score of 175-3 in 20 overs.

Pitch

The wicket has been batting friendly with some assistance to the bowlers. The batters have enjoyed batting here. Bowlers on the other hand have found it challenging to pick up wickets. Consistency will be the key for the bowlers.

Weather

Scattered thunderstorms are expected through the course of the match. There is around a 50% chance of precipitation during the match. The average temperature will be around 27 degrees Celsius. The wind will blow from the east at the start of play and change its course to blowing from the east-northeast and later from south-east.

Fantasy playing XI

Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Harshitha Madavi, Nilakshi de Silva, Chamari Athapaththu, Salma Khatun, Ritu Moni, Rumana Ahmed, Nahida Akter, Suraiya Azmin, Sachini Nisansala

Match details

Date: January 24, 2022

Time: 7am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Live Score: FanCode

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 9: Australia v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here