Over 1000 Fans Allowed to Watch Bangladesh Women’s tour of Zimbabwe in November

For the first time, since January 2020, fans will be allowed in a stadium to watch a cricket match in Zimbabwe, when Bangladesh women tour Zimbabwe for a three-match ODI series that will be played between November 10 and November 15. All three matches will be played at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo and a total of 1000 fully vaccinated spectators will be permitted inside the stadium.

Bangladesh Women's Cricket team Squad
Bangladesh Women’s Cricket team Squad

This news has brought about a lot of excitement in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) has also confirmed the news and a statement on the ZC website said that the exercise will “serve as a trial run for the safe return of spectators to stadiums”.

“Only 1000 fans who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be permitted to watch each of the matches in person and they will be required to produce their vaccination cards and positive identification for inspection at the venue. The spectators will also be required to adhere to coronavirus protocols at the ground, including the obligation to wear face masks and observe physical distancing,” the statement said.

Givemore Makoni, the ZC managing director, said in the statement, “We have been missing the excitement and energy that fans bring to the game of cricket and we will be thrilled to safely welcome them for the first time in nearly two years as we host Bangladesh Women at Queens Sports Club in November. As excitement builds ahead of that crucial series, we take this opportunity to encourage all cricket lovers to ensure that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order for them to be permitted into the ground.”

Also Read:  Preview: 3rd ODI – Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Women | Squad | Players to watch | Pitch | Live Streaming

This bilateral series will be important for both teams as it will serve as a preparatory ground for the 50-over World Cup Qualifier, which will be played in Harare from November 21 to December 5 this year. Apart from Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, the tournament will see eight other teams, namely, West Indies, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, and USA. The top three teams will qualify for the ICC Women’s World Cup that will be played in New Zealand from March 4 to April 3, 2022.

This article is the summary of the original article published on ESPN Cricinfo

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here