Summary: 2nd T20I – Bismah Maroof and Javeria Khan give Pakistan an unassailable lead of 2-0 over Bangladesh, win series

Summary: 2nd T20I – Bismah Maroof and Javeria Khan give Pakistan an unassailable lead of 2-0 over Bangladesh, win series

Captain Bismah Maroof and opener Javeria Khan played superb knocks to guide Pakistan to a 15-run victory in the 2nd T20I against Bangladesh at Lahore. A good performance by the Pakistani side ensured that they go 2-0 up in the 3-match series.

Bangladesh Women on winning the toss elected to field first. Pakistan Women took full advantage as they made a total of 167 runs in 20 overs. The openers Javeria Khan and Sidra Ameen gave the team a good head start with Ameen contributing 19 runs to the team’s total. Khan stayed to make a half-century, her 6th in T20Is. Captain Bismah Maroof then played a splendid inning – she remained unbeaten on 70 off 50 deliveries taking her team’s total to 152/7.

Jahanara Alam was the leading wicket-taker from Bangladesh. She took important wickets of Javeria Khan and Iram Javed. Alam also completed 50 T20I wickets in this match.

In reply, Bangladesh started cheaply. Opener Ayasha Rahman was bowled when she was on 5(6) in the second over. Sanjida Islam made a significant 45 off 32 while Fargana Hoque made 30 runs in 19 balls. Nigar Sultana made 21 runs in as many balls. Lata Mondal made 17 in 18 balls and remained not out. Jahanara Alam played a quickfire 5-ball 18 to bring her team close to the total. She hit 2 sixes and 1 four in her 5-ball stay but could not see her team through. Bangladesh made 152 runs and lost 7 wickets in 20 overs. Sadia Iqbal of Pakistan had a 3-wicket haul.

Also Read:  Summary: 2nd ODI - Bangladesh Women level series as they defeat Pakistan in a last over thriller

Pakistan Women: 167/3 in 20 overs

Bangladesh Women: 152/7 in 20 overs

Result: Pakistan Women won by 15 runs

Player of the match: Bismah Maroof

Bismah Mahroof Pakistan v Bangladesh
Bismah Maroof – Player of the match (Pakistan v Bangladesh). Pic Credits – @TheRealPCBMedia / Twitter

Series: Pakistan Women lead the 3-match series 2-0 over Bangladesh Women

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here