3rd T20I: South Africa vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Following Bangladesh’s win in the opener and the 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) of the 3-match series being washed out, the series is alive, and we’ve got another decider at the Diamond Oval, Kimberley. The game kicks off at 9:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) on the 8th of December 2023.

3rd T20I: South Africa vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Annerie Dercksen, Mieke De Ridder, Lara Goodall, Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta, Masabata Klaas, Sune Luus, Eliz-Mari Marx, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Nondumiso Shangase, Delmi Tucker

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter, Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Lata Mondol, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Shorifa Khatun, Sumaiya Akter, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Disha Biswas

Players to watch out:

Laura Wolvaardt

The 24-year-old opening batter, in 54 T20I outings, has amassed 1313 runs, including the best of 72, averaging 32.82 and striking at 111.36. Laura didn’t find much success in the recently concluded Women’s Big Bash League season; however, she finished her season on a high with scores of 47, 70*, 73, and 39. It’ll be expected of her to carry forward this momentum into the series and play a significant role in the decider.

Nonkululeko Mlaba

The 23-year-old left-arm spinner, in 40 bowling outings, has picked up 33 wickets, with the best being 3/10, averaging 23.42, maintaining an economy rate of 5.89. Nonkululeko finished with figures of 0/21 (3) in the series opener and in the 8 balls played in the 2nd T20I, she picked up a wicket and conceded 5 runs in her 6-ball spell. She’ll be backed to make the most of this form in the decider.

Also Read:  Summary: Match 8 - Bangladesh Tigresses pick up easy win against USA Women in Women's T20 World Cup Qualifiers 2019

Fahima Khatun

The 31-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, has taken 46 wickets in 72 bowling outings and accumulated 331 runs in 52 batting outings, with respective bests of 4/8 and 32*. Fahima, in her only bowling outing this series, returned figures of 1/22 (4). She’ll be counted on to contribute with a cameo with the bat while also building on this momentum with the ball.

Nahida Akter

The 23-year-old left-arm spinner, in 73 outings, has claimed 81 wickets with the best being 5/8, at an average of 15.89 and an economy rate of 5.53. Nahida has been in excellent form of late and kicked off her South Africa campaign with figures of 1/31 (4). On her young shoulders, there will be high expectations to guide Bangladesh to a series win. With the surface pleasing spinners, she’ll be one to watch out for.

Pitch:

Diamond Oval is a low-scoring venue that typically favors bowlers, especially spinners. The pitch has a neutral character, but the average score at this venue is in the 90s, making it a challenging ground for batters.

Weather:

The conditions at Diamond Oval are expected to be pleasant for the game, with clear skies and a minimal chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to be around 30°C, with moderate winds and humidity at 16%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Nigar Sultana Joty, Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Anneke Bosch, Murshida Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Shorna Akter, Eliz-Mari Marx, Nahida Akter, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Rabeya Khan

Match details:

Date – December 8, 2023

Time – 9:30 PM IST

Venue – Diamond Oval, Kimberley

Also Read:  1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here