3rd T20I: Bangladesh v New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The third and final match of the three-match T20I series between Bangladesh and New Zealand will be played on December 7 at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown. The game will begin at 6.30 AM IST (2 PM LOCAL). New Zealand have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series.

3rd T20I: Bangladesh v New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the second T20I, batting first, New Zealand piled up 148/4 in 20 overs, thanks to Amelia Kerr’s unbeaten 46. For Bangladesh, Marufa Akter was the pick of the bowlers with two scalps. In reply, the visitors were reduced to 111/8 in 20 overs, falling short of 37 runs. Captain Nigar Sultana top-scored with 31, while for the hosts, Hayley Jensen scalped two wickets.

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (C, WK), Sharmin Akter, Fargana Hoque, Rumana Ahmed, Ritu Moni, Lata Mondol, Salma Khatun, Nahida Akter, Murshida Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Fahima Khatun, Sanjida Akther, Fariha Islam, Marufa Akter, Rabeya Khatun, Dilara Akter, Disha Biswas

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Jess McFadyen, Georgia Plimmer, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch

Nigar Sultana:

The captain of Bangladesh led the run chase from the front with a fighting 31 off 33 in the second T20I against New Zealand. The right-handed middle-order batter peppered the boundary rope four times in her knock. She held the innings together from the fifth to the 16th over of the match.

Marufa Akter:

The right-arm pace sensation of Bangladesh made a good start to her international career as she bagged 22/2 in four overs playing her first-ever T20I. In the second T20I of the series against New Zealand, Akter opened the bowling with Jahanara Alam and bowled well with the new ball.

Also Read:  New Zealand beat Bangladesh 1-0 in the rain-curtailed ODI Series

Amelia Kerr:

The star all-rounder of New Zealand top-scored with an undefeated 46 off 30 in the second T20I against Bangladesh. Batting at number five, the right-hander muscled five boundaries. With the ball, the right-arm leg-spinner bowled her full quota of four overs and conceded 20 runs.

Hayley Jensen:

The right-arm speedster of New Zealand was the pick of the bowlers in the second T20I against Bangladesh. She claimed 12/2 in three overs and was the most economical bowler for her side. She came into bowl as the first change and was effective in the middle and death overs.

Pitch

The venue has hosted just one women’s T20I so far. It was played in February this year between India and New Zealand. After putting up 155 on board in 20 overs, the hosts had won the game. The wicket is expected to be good for batting. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards as the surface used will be a hard and fresh one. However, the cloudy conditions could assist the fast bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mild and see low clouds. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 18 degrees Celsius. There will be a 100 percent cloud cover and a nine percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Maddy Green, Nigar Sultana, Suzie Bates, Fargana Hoque, Murshida Khatun, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine, Ritu Moni, Lea Tahuhu, Hayley Jensen, Marufa Akter

Match Details

Date: December 7, 2022

Time: 6.30 AM IST

Also Read:  Ayabonga Khaka's 4 Wicket Haul help South Africa beat Bangladesh by 32 Runs

Venue: John Davies Oval, Queenstown

Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here