No rest for wicketkeeper as Alyssa Healy gears up for West Indies tour

Though the other team members got some rest after the Ashes ended on 31st July, wicketkeeper Healy stayed in the United Kingdom participating in the English Super League playing for Yorkshire Diamonds as a marquee international player. With Australia all set to face the West Indies in the three ODIs and three T20Is matches lying ahead, Healy lands in Antigua to be the part of the squad.

Alyssa Healy eyes West indies tour
Alyssa Healy eyes West indies tour

Healy counts this as an important series, that will give them just the right exposure before the World Cup lined up for next March in Australia, she was recorded saying this to cricket.com.au

“(It’s important) to get over here and get used to the conditions, being September over here it’s very hot and humid, it’s hurricane weather but it’s nice to be able to get here and hit the ground running and make sure we’re ready to go for Thursday.

We’ve got a really big series and we’ve had some success here last year, but that doesn’t mean too much, it’s a tough West Indies side we’re going to face, they’ve got a few injuries but they’re always really good on home turf.”

With no rest and not a great stint with the bat in the English Super League, Healy will surely look forward to getting back into form in this series.

CommBank Tour of the West Indies

One-Day Internationals* *ICC Women’s Championship matches
September 5: First ODI, Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua
September 8: Second ODI, Sir Viv Richards Ground, Antigua
September 11: Third ODI, Sir Viv Richards Ground, Antigua

Also Read:  Summary: 1st T20I - Meg Lanning's Fifty help Australia stay unbeaten in West Indies

Twenty20 Internationals: Schedule

September 14: First T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
September 16: Second T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
September 18: Third T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here