Match 2: India v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second match of the Women’s Asia Cup T20 2022 will be played between India and Sri Lanka on October 1 at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium in Sylhet. The game will begin at 1 PM IST.

While India ended up as the runner-up in the last edition of the Asia Cup in 2018, Sri Lanka stood fourth out of the six teams that participated in the previous edition.

Match 2: India v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Head-to-Head

India and Sri Lanka have played 21 T20Is against each other, out of which India has won 16, Sri Lanka has won four, and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Richa Ghosh (wk), Dayalan Hemalatha, Sabbhineni Meghana, Kiran Navgire, Sneh Rana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Achini Kulasuriya, Sugandika Kumari, Madushika Methtananda, Kaushani Nuthyanga, Hasini Perera, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoka Ranaweera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Anushka Sanjeewani (wk), Tharika Sewwandi, Malsha Shehani, Rashmi Silva

Players to watch

Smriti Mandhana: 

India’s left-handed opening batter is the world’s number two batter in women’s T20Is. She has featured in 95 T20Is and scored 2303 runs, including 17 half-centuries. She has a healthy strike rate of 123 and averages 27. She will be the key to India’s batting success.

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

The right-arm speedster of India has been in good form in the recent past. She is an opening bowler and bowls well with the new ball. She is also effective at death. In her 14 T20Is, she has already scalped a couple of four-wicket hauls. She has claimed 15 wickets in total.

Also Read:  India defeat South Africa by 9 Wickets to Level ODI Series 1-1. Here's how it happened:

Chamari Athapaththu: 

The captain of Sri Lanka is a left-handed opening batter and a right-arm off-spinner. She is one of the T20I best all-rounders and ranks 10th in the world. The experienced cricketer has played 98 T20Is and muscled 2079 runs, including five half-centuries and a century. With the ball, she has picked 31 wickets.

Inoka Ranaweera: 

The left-arm spinner of Sri Lanka is an attacking bowler who has an uncanny ability to pick crucial wickets. She has 55 wickets in 54 T20Is, including the best of 9/3. She bowls at an economy rate of under six runs per over. She can bowl well inside the powerplay and at the death.

Pitch

Before the start of the tournament, the venue hosted 24 women’s T20Is, out of which the teams batting first have won 17 and the teams batting second have won seven. The average first innings score is 131, and the average second innings score is 103. This will be the second match of the competition at the venue, with the first being played early in the day. The wicket is expected to be batting-friendly. On the other hand, the bowlers will have to work hard to tame the batters.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy, hot, and very humid. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 35 degrees Celsius. There will be 94 percent cloud cover and a 10 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south.  

Fantasy Playing XI

Anushka Sanjeewani, Chamari Athapaththu, Harmanpreet Kaur, Nilakshi de Silva, Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Inoka Ranaweera, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Renuka Singh Thakur

Also Read:  Match 7: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Match details

Date: October 1, 2022

Time: 1 PM IST

Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet

Live streaming: Star Sports Network & Hotstar

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here