Match 6: Typhoons v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The sixth match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 6 between Typhoons and Dragons at the Leinster Cricket Club in Dublin. 

Match 6: Typhoons v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Players to watch 

Laura Delany:

This right-handed middle order batter of Typhoons scored an unbeaten 68 off 48 balls including 10 boundaries in the last game against the Scorchers. She came in to bat in the sixth over of the match and was there till the very end, holding the team’s innings together.

Robyn Searle: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Typhoons was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against the Scorchers. She scalped 9/2 in two overs and was the most economical bowler for her side. Apart from her bowling, she scored a 11-ball nine, batting at number five.

Amy Hunter:

The right-handed opening batter of Dragons top scored with a blistering 71 off 48 balls in her last match against the Scorchers. She smashed nine boundaries and a couple of sixes in her entertaining knock. In the process, she stitched a 132-run partnership with her opening partner Leah Paul.

Also Read:  Match 4: Australia v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Leah Paul:

The all-rounder from Dragons made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last outing against the Scorchers. Opening the batting, she muscled an unbeaten 65 off 55 balls, including seven boundaries. With the ball, she claimed 22/1 in three overs, bowling left arm spin and was the only wicket-taker for her team.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. The fresh wicket is expected to be a batting-friendly one. However, the cloudy conditions could assist the bowlers, especially the faster ones.

Weather

The weather is expected to be breezy and see intervals of clouds and sun with a shower in places. The temperature can go up to 20 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 70 percent with 40 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Robyn Searle, Amy Hunter, Lousie Little, Rebecca Stokell, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Georgina Dempsey, Celeste Raack, Charlotte Lyons, Cara Murray

Match details

Date: July 6, 2022

Time: 6.30 PM IST

Venue: Leinster Cricket Club, Dublin

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here