Match 1: Typhoons v Scorchers Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The first match of the 2022 Arachas Super Series, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on May 1 between Typhoons and Scorchers at Merrion Cricket Club. It will be a 50-over match.

Match 1: Typhoons v Scorchers Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Match Preview – Match 1: Typhoons v Scorchers Women

Squads

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch out for

Laura Delany:

This Typhoons’ all-rounder is an experienced international player having played 43 ODIs for Ireland between 2010 and 2021. Captain of the Typhoons, this right handed batter has a couple of ODI half-centuries and 17 wickets to her name, bowling right arm medium pace

Rebecca Stokell:

She is a right handed batter from Typhoons, who has featured in four ODIs for Ireland between 2017 and 2021. She has a sound batting technique and is a steady top order batter.

Eimear Richardson: 

She is a veteran batting all-rounder from Scorchers, who has played international cricket for Ireland since 2005. She is a right hand batter and a right arm off spinner. With the bat, she has close to 400 ODI runs and with the ball, she has claimed 22 wickets, including a five wicket haul.

Gaby Lewis: 

The captain of Scorchers is a right handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has been playing international cricket for Ireland since 2014. In addition to three ODI half-centuries, she has a century and five half centuries in the shortest format. The wily leg spinner has also accounted for 10 ODI wickets.

Also Read:  Match 7: Scorchers v Typhoons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Pitch

Five women’s ODIs have been played at this venue in the past. Teams batting first have won all of them. The average first innings score is 237 and the average second innings score is 132.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a couple of showers. The average temperature will be around 13 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 90 percent with 85 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Rebecca Stokell, Eimear Richardson, Laura Delany, Rachel Delaney, Celeste Raack, Georgina Dempsey, Lara Maritz, Sophie MacMahon 

Match details

Date: May 1, 2022

Time: 3.15pm IST

Venue: Merrion Cricket Club

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here