Match 9: Tornadoes v Barmy Army Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The ninth match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Tornadoes and Barmy Army at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 8.

Match Preview – Match 9: Tornadoes v Barmy Army Women

Match 9: Tornadoes v Barmy Army Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Tornadoes: Stafanie Taylor (captain), Sophie Devine, Sterre Kalis, Andrea-Mae Zepeda, Katy Martin, Chanida Sutthiruang, Marry-Anne Musonda, Sune Luus, Sita Rana Magar, Aliya Riaz, Divya Saxena, Winifred Duraisingam, Natasha Miles, Maryam Bibi, Diana Baig

Barmy Army: Heather Knight (captain), Selina Solman, Laura Wolvaardt, Tara Norris, Deandra Dottin, Henriette Ishimwe, Kavisha Kumari, Shemaine Campbell, Iqra Sahar, Fatima Sana, Rumana Ahmed, Laura Cardoso, Roberta Moretti Avery, Rubina Chhetri, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Players to watch out for

Winifred Duraisingam: 

The captain of Malaysia won the player of the match for her stellar bowling performance playing for Tornadoes. In her last match, she scalped 3-24 in four overs against Warriors, bowling well in the middle overs as well as at the death overs.

Stere Kallis:

The right handed opening batter from Netherlands top scored for Tornadoes in her last game against Warriors. She smashed 58 runs off 57 balls, including eight boundaries, stitching a 77-run partnership with her partner Sophie Devine.

Deandra Dottin:

The star West Indian all-rounder packed a punch with a blistering 80 not out off 59 balls for Barmy Army in her last outing against Falcons. The right handed opening batter pummeled a dozen boundaries during her blitzkrieg.

Ruchitha Venkatesh: 

The right arm off-spinner from Hong Kong was the lone wicket-taker for Barmy Army in her last appearance against Falcons. She picked up 1-21 in four overs.

Also Read:  Match 11: Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

In the last night game that was played here, more than 250 runs were scored. The team batting second won the match. Bowling in the second innings looked difficult. On the other hand, batters enjoyed themselves on this wicket. Only five wickets fell in the match.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and very warm. The average temperature will be around 28 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Katey Martin, Stere Kallis, Henriette Ishimwe, Laura Wolvaardt, Deandra Dottin, Heather Knight, Sophie Devine, Diana Baig, Tara Norris, Sita Rana Magar, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Match details

Date: May 8, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here